We know it can be difficult to take that first step towards finding a psychologist to help your child.
You might be wondering…
- … what if the service is not the ‘right fit’ for me or my child?
- … what if the psychologist doesn’t have the right expertise for my child’s particular issues?
- … what if my child doesn’t relate to the psychologist?
There can be a lot of “what ifs” to consider!
So with that in mind, here are….
Eight Reasons To Choose Us
1. Child and Adolescent Specialists
We work exclusively with children, from preschoolers to teenagers, and their parents. We specialise in helping kids not only overcome personal challenges and adversity, but also learn how to achieve their full potential and thrive!
2. Education and School Experts
Our psychologists are experts in child development, learning and education. All of them have a master degree in Educational and Developmental Psychology AND experience working in schools.
Not only can we help with your child’s immediate challenges, we can also help you navigate the school system to get the best possible results for your child – throughout their school years.
3. Breadth and Depth of Experience
Our experience spans a wide range of childhood mental health, learning and developmental issues, including:
- Emotional issues such as anxiety, depression, anger management, difficult behaviour, divorce, relaxation and stress management
- Social issues – friendship problems, bullying and relationship difficulties
- Learning challenges – dyslexia and other learning difficulties, applying for special needs funding or special consideration
- Study skills – techniques and strategies to improve learning, study and exam effectiveness
- Thinking skills – critical thinking, problem solving and creative solutions
- Asperger’s Syndrome – targeted counselling programs to help children and parents
- …and more!
4. Private, Discreet and Confidential
School counsellors, psychologists and welfare officers are an important source of help for many children…
But it can be difficult for kids to visit the counsellor at a busy school campus without any of their classmates or teachers noticing.
You might also have genuine concerns about how impartial or confidential the service is, especially if your child needs help with any issues that are sensitive for the school.
If any of this rings true for you, you will be pleased to know we are a fully private service so you will get completely confidential, impartial and independent help and advice.
Of course, you might still want your child’s psychologist to liaise with teachers or other school staff to help achieve the best outcomes for them and we are always happy to do this with your consent.
BUT the difference with our service is that YOU are in control and get to decide EXACTLY what information is divulged and TO WHOM.
5. Easy and Approachable
We make it really easy for parents and kids to get the right help.
The first step is for parents to visit us for a 30 minute initial consultation.
Why do we do this? There are three main reasons:
- You get to know your child’s psychologist before you commit to any further services
- You can discuss your child’s history in detail so we can recommend the right treatment plan for their needs
- You are able to ask questions so you can make fully informed decisions
We are confident you will find your child’s psychologist to be:
- Warm and friendly, yet professional
- Natural and personable
- Genuine and compassionate
- Positive, supportive and engaging
- Understanding and not judgemental
6. Vital Skills Training
We teach your child invaluable life skills they need to:
- cope with adversity
- build resilience
- understand their personal strengths and weaknesses
- think critically
- set goals and get motivated
- manage stress and anxiety
- study and learn more effectively
- …and achieve their full potential!
7. Professional Integrity
We are highly selective and only employ psychologists with top credentials and verified experience.
To ensure we find the best possible people we conduct exhaustive background checks and several stages of interviews before we make a final selection.
So when you visit us you can be assured that your child will receive the highest possible standard of care.
8. Instant Medicare and Private Health Rebates!
You can instantly claim your Medicare or private health rebate via our HICAPS electronic claims system. This means your out-of-pocket expenses will be as low as possible. (See Fees and Rebates for more information.)
“I think you might be able to help me… What should I do next?”
When you are ready to take the next step please click the button below to get started (or you can read more about who we help).