We know it can be difficult to take that first step towards finding a psychologist to help your child.
You might be wondering…
- … what if the service is not the ‘right fit’ for me or my child?
- … what if the psychologist doesn’t have the right expertise for my child’s particular issues?
- … what if my child doesn’t relate to the psychologist?
There can be a lot of “what ifs” to consider!
So with that in mind, here are….
Eight Reasons To Choose Us
1. Child and Adolescent Experts
We work exclusively with children, from preschoolers to teenagers, and their parents. We are focused on helping kids not only overcome personal challenges and adversity, but also learn how to achieve their full potential and thrive!
2. Education and School Experts
Our psychologists are experts in child development, learning and education.
All of them have postgraduate training in Educational and Developmental Psychology AND experience working in schools.
Not only can we help with your child’s immediate challenges, we can also help you navigate the school system to get the best possible results for your child – throughout their school years.
3. Breadth and Depth of Experience
Our experience spans a wide range of childhood mental health, learning and developmental issues, including:
- Emotional issues such as anxiety, depression, anger management, difficult behaviour, divorce, relaxation and stress management
- Social issues – friendship problems, bullying and relationship difficulties
- Learning challenges – dyslexia and other learning difficulties, applying for special needs funding or special consideration
- Study skills – techniques and strategies to improve learning, study and exam effectiveness
- Thinking skills – critical thinking, problem solving and creative solutions
- Asperger’s Syndrome – targeted counselling programs to help children and parents
- …and more!
4. Private, Discreet and Confidential
School counsellors, psychologists and welfare officers are an important source of help for many children…
But it can be difficult for kids to visit the counsellor at a busy school campus without any of their classmates or teachers noticing.
You might also have genuine concerns about how impartial or confidential the service is, especially if your child needs help with any issues that are sensitive for the school.
If any of this rings true for you, you will be pleased to know we are a fully private service so you will get completely confidential, impartial and independent help and advice.
Of course, you might still want your child’s psychologist to liaise with teachers or other school staff to help achieve the best outcomes for them and we are always happy to do this with your consent.
But the difference is that YOU are in control and get to decide what information is divulged and to whom.
5. Easy and Approachable
We make it really easy for parents and kids to get the right help.
The first step is to request a complimentary initial phone consultation.
The purpose of the initial consultation is to to make sure our service is suited to your needs and get the right advice for your specific concerns in a convenient, relaxed, cost-free and obligation-free way.
This allows you to discuss the issues in detail and make an informed decision before committing to any further services.
If appropriate, the psychologist can also offer you an optional in-person parent consultation as the next step.
We are confident you will find your child’s psychologist to be:
- Warm and friendly, yet professional
- Natural and personable
- Genuine and compassionate
- Positive, supportive and engaging
- Understanding and not judgemental
6. Vital Skills Training
We don’t just help your child cope with a bit of a ‘rough patch’ or deal with one particular problem.
- cope with adversity
- build resilience
- understand their personal strengths and weaknesses
- think critically
- set goals and get motivated
- manage stress and anxiety
- study and learn more effectively
- …and achieve their full potential!
7. Standard of Professional Care
To ensure we find the best possible staff we conduct an extensive screening and selection process with background checks and multiple stages before we make a final decision.
So you can be assured that your child will receive the highest possible standard of care.
8. Instant Medicare and Private Health Rebates!
You can instantly claim your Medicare or private health rebate via our HICAPS electronic claims system. This means your out-of-pocket expenses will be as low as possible. (See Fees and Rebates for more information.)
“That all sounds good… But how can I be sure that [name of psychologist] will be able to help my child?”
Great question. 🙂
Firstly, you should know that the length of time a psychologist has worked in the profession is not a reliable indication of their ability to help you and your child with your specific concerns…
And it is also not any indication of whether they are likely to be a good fit in terms of their personality and approach…
In fact, there is no such guarantee and that’s why it’s important that you make sure the psychologist is the right fit before you commit to any services for your child…
Which is why we offer a complimentary initial phone call with the psychologist we believe is best suited to helping you, given the age of your child and the issues you are looking for help with…
This is your opportunity to find out if it’s a good fit in a relaxed and convenient way, without any cost or obligation to proceed with further appointments for your child…
The psychologist can also offer an optional in-person consultation for parents whenever appropriate.
“I think you might be able to help me… What should I do next?”
When you are ready to take the next step please click the button below to get started (or you can read more about who we help).