Would you like help with parenting, navigating the school system or dealing with any challenging aspects of family life?
We will provide you with support, counselling and action plans so you can help your kids learn to overcome challenges at school, at home and in life.
With the right coaching and advice you can help your kids reach their full potential and thrive!
Here are some ways we can help:
- General parenting support
- Dealing with anxious children
- Parenting through separation
- Dealing with difficult ex-partners
- Relationship issues
- Parent attachment issues
- Advice on schools and school placement
- Dealing with addictions, including drugs and technology
- Behaviour modification (how to set up reward systems for children)
- General support and advice on development and “normal” behaviour (when you should or should not be worried!)
- …and much more!
Why should I come for Parent Counselling?
Raising children sometimes feels like you are on an emotional rollercoaster! They test your patience as well as expand your heart. Sometimes it’s nice to discuss effective strategies with an experienced professional. And we can help you make informed decisions that are right for you and your family.
Parenting Through Separation
If you are going through a separation the challenges of parenting often become more complex and difficult.
Many parents worry about the potential cognitive, social, and emotional impacts that separation may have on their children and struggle to know how to deal with these new challenges.
We can help you with:
- Strategies for talking to children about change and age-appropriate conversations and activities to help them adjust
- Assistance with a range of best-practice, evidence-based parenting plans tailored to your child’s age
- Conflict resolution and negotiating strategies
- Problem-solving (e.g., visitation conflicts, working out how to spend holidays)
- Effective strategies for keeping your children out of conflict and ensuring that your child isn’t finding themselves in the role of the ‘messenger’
- Coping with anxiety, anger and sleeplessness during times when children are not in your care
- Support and coaching for including new partners and blended families
- Strategies for managing separation anxiety and/or visitation refusal
- Strategies for managing children’s inconsistent behaviour when there’s different sets of rules and expectations between different households
Click the button below to get started: