Mindfulness has had a lot of attention in psychology recently. Mindfulness draws upon the spiritual concept of awareness in the present moment. Research suggests that mindfulness techniques are effective for the treatment of anxiety.
Toddlers are masters of living in the moment. Yet as children get older they are bombarded with with the pressures of society. Television and media throw different messages at them in the quest to sell yet another product. School focuses on achievement and assessment and there are a lot of activities to be involved and engaged with. Never before in the history of human existence has life been so stressful for kids.
So in counselling we teach kids how to act as they once intuitively did as toddlers – that is, to be fully present and engaged in each moment!
Mindfulness counselling is tailored to your child’s specific needs and developmental level.
Your child will learn:
- How to be ‘still’ in their minds
- How to manage their thoughts and emotions
- How to live a mindful life, ready to face all of their daily challenges
- How to be at peace with themselves
- How to find true happiness within themselves
- All about mindfulness – what it is and how it can help
- How to develop a “mind like water”
- Postive thinking skills and strategies
- Relaxation strategies
- Coping skills and resilience
- How to reprogram negative thought patterns
- Lifelong skills to manage anxiety and stress
These tools will help your child to unlock their true potential and learn how to thrive.