Assessment for Giftedness
Discover your child’s true potential AND help them achieve it!
Is your child bored in class … but easily able to complete the work?
Do they enjoy taking on more challenging work than their classmates?
Are they frustrated with the ‘slow’ pace of teaching at school?
If so, they might be showing signs of intellectual giftedness.
Here are three reasons to consider a giftedness assessment:
- Reveal your child’s true intellectual and academic potential
- Get specific recommendations for home and school to help your child fulfill their potential
- Make informed decisions about your child’s learning needs
What Does Giftedness Assessment Involve?
You will receive:
- An initial review of your child’s cognitive, social, family and emotional history
- Standardised cognitive (intelligence) test
- Standardised achievement (academic) test
- Giftedness Index Assessment (GIA)
- Detailed assessment report
- Tailored learning recommendations for school and home
- Comprehensive feedback session to answer all your questions
You will discover whether or not your child is truly gifted and exactly what their strengths and weaknesses are.
Cognitive testing will reveal strengths in:
- Processing speed
- Auditory processing
- Verbal processing
- Non-verbal processing
- Fluid reasoning
- Working memory
Achievement testing will assess processing skills in key areas such as:
- Oral language
The Gifted Rating Scale will assess a broad range of skills including:
- Artistic talent
How Many Appointments Are Required?
There are four sessions required in total:
- Initial consultation for parents (30 mins)
- Assessment session #1 for your child (91-120 mins)
- Assessment session #2 for your child (91-120 mins)
- Feedback session for parents (50 mins)
What Are the Fees?
The total fees will be approximately $2,200 (before any health fund rebates) which includes the initial consultation, two assessment consultations, a comprehensive psychological report, a feedback consultation, detailed recommendations for home and school, an action plan for your child and liaison with school or health professionals where appropriate. You can instantly claim a private health rebate at each session. (Rebate amounts vary widely depending on the health fund and your level of cover but can be up to a few hundred dollars or so in total.)
What’s the Next Step?
The next step is to book a complimentary initial phone consultation with one of our experienced child psychologists.
The purpose of this phone call is to discuss your concerns directly with the psychologist and get the right advice for your child’s specific needs.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions and make an informed decision about our services before you book any appointments.
Click the button below and follow the prompts to book your call: