Note: The following fees apply from 1st July 2017 through to 30th June 2018.
About Our Fees
Our fees are set at a level that reflects:
- The specialised nature of our services (we only work with children, teenagers and parents and we are experts in educational and developmental psychology).
- The qualifications and experience of our permanently employed child psychologists (all of our psychologists have a master degree or higher and we do not employ independent contractors).
- The ongoing and dedicated nature of our care (we go above and beyond the ‘norm’ to support our clients).
Current Standard Rates
Initial 30 minute consultation – $135*
50 minute consultation – $245* (standard counselling session)
76-90 minute consultation – $360* (short assessment session)
91-120 minute consultation – $460* (standard assessment session)
BUT your out-of-pocket cost may be significantly lower than these fees because:
- You can instantly claim your Medicare OR private health fund rebates via our HICAPS electronic claims system.
- If you are claiming a private health fund rebate you only have to pay the ‘gap’ between the rebate and the full fee.
- If you are claiming a Medicare rebate, you must pay the full fee first but you can then immediately claim your rebate and have it credited directly into your bank account.
If you have a valid referral from your doctor you can claim a Medicare rebate of $84.80 for each 50 minute counselling session. Up to 10 rebates can be claimed per calendar year. (Although most doctors will typically only refer for 6 sessions at a time.)
HOWEVER, your out-of-pocket cost will be further reduced when you reach the threshold for the Medicare Safety Net scheme. There are two safety net schemes which operate side-by-side:
1. The ‘Original’ Medicare Safety Net
The “Original Medicare Safety Net” applies when your family has spent $453.20 on out-of-pocket fees for out-of-hospital services in 2017.
This means you will hit this threshold (at the very latest) after you have paid, and made valid Medicare claims, for THREE counselling sessions. After this point your Medicare rebate per session will increase to $99.75 for the remainder of the calendar year.
2. The ‘Extended’ Medicare Safety Net
The “Extended Medicare Safety Net” applies when your family has spent $2,056.30 (or $656.30 for concession card holders) on out-of-pocket fees for out-of-hospital services in 2017.
If your family does hit this extended threshold Medicare will pay for 80% of any future out-of-pocket costs for out-of-hospital Medicare services for the remainder of the calendar year.
Private Health Fund Rebates
If you are NOT claiming Medicare rebates, you can instantly claim your private health fund rebate at each session via our HICAPS electronic claims system.
This means you only need to pay the gap between the rebate and the full fee for each session (rebates will vary depending on your health fund and your level of cover).
Rebates will vary widely depending on your health fund and your level of cover. If in doubt, please check with your health fund or ask your psychologist for a health fund quote when you visit our office.
We tailor our assessment services to your child’s specific needs and the exact cost will be quoted at your initial consultation. But as a rough guide, the total assessment cost will be approximately $2,000 – $2,200 for a full psycho-educational assessment (depending on the tests administered). Your out-of-pocket fee will depend on any private health fund rebates you are entitled to.
Occasionally there are good reasons for cancellations. However, unlike brief medical appointments, it is nearly impossible to fill a 50+ minute session with short notice. Furthermore, we also dedicate significant time and care to session planning and preparation and there are substantial overhead costs associated with providing you with these services.
For these reasons, you must agree to the following notice periods and cancellation fees in order to book any sessions with us:
- For all sessions you must provide at least SEVEN (7) DAYS notice of cancellation (except in the case of an illness or a genuine emergency).
- If you do not give sufficient notice we may at our discretion charge a cancellation fee equal to the missed consultation fee or stop providing services to you.
- If you provide less than FOURTEEN (14) DAYS notice of the complete cancellation of an assessment service you will be charged a cancellation fee equal to the deposit amount.
- If an assessment session is cancelled due to illness or emergency it will be rescheduled at no charge.
We trust you will agree that this is a fair and reasonable policy and we thank you for your understanding and cooperation.