Note: The following fees apply from 1st July 2017 through to 30th June 2018.
About Our Fees
Our fees are set at a level that reflects:
- The specialised nature of our services. We only help children, teenagers and parents with learning, emotional and social issues and we provide a 100% private and independent service.
- The qualifications and experience of our child psychologists. All staff are fully registered psychologists with postgraduate training in Educational & Developmental Psychology and substantial experience. They are experts in education and familiar with the school environments found at many different private and government schools around Melbourne. They are also employed as permanent staff, not contractors.
- The level of follow-up care and support we provide to help our clients reach their full potential – at school and in life.
Current Standard Rates
30 minute consultation – $135*
50 minute consultation – $245* (standard counselling session)
76-90 minute consultation – $360* (short assessment session)
91-120 minute consultation – $460* (standard assessment session)
BUT your out-of-pocket cost may be significantly lower than these fees because:
- You can instantly claim your Medicare OR private health fund rebates via our HICAPS electronic claims system.
- If you are claiming a private health fund rebate you only have to pay the ‘gap’ between the rebate and the full fee.
- If you are claiming a Medicare rebate, you must pay the full fee first but you can then immediately claim your rebate and have it credited directly into your bank account.
If you have a valid referral from your doctor you can claim a Medicare rebate of $84.80 for each 50 minute counselling session. Up to 10 rebates can be claimed per calendar year. (Although doctors usually refer for 6 sessions at a time.)
Your out-of-pocket cost will be further reduced if you reach the threshold for the Medicare Safety Net scheme. There are two safety net schemes which operate side-by-side:
- The ‘Original’ Medicare Safety Net which applies when your family has spent $453.20 on out-of-pocket fees for out-of-hospital services in 2017.
- The ‘Extended’ Medicare Safety Net which applies when your family has spent $2,056.30 (or $656.30 for concession card holders) on out-of-pocket fees for out-of-hospital services in 2017.
If your family does hit the extended threshold Medicare will pay for 80% of any future out-of-pocket costs for out-of-hospital Medicare services for the remainder of the calendar year.
Private Health Fund Rebates
If you are NOT claiming a Medicare rebate AND you have private health cover that includes psychology services you can instantly claim your private health fund rebate via our HICAPS electronic claims system.
This means you only need to pay the gap between the rebate and the full fee for each session (rebates will vary depending on your health fund and your level of cover).
Rebates will vary widely depending on your health fund and your level of cover. If in doubt, please check with your health fund or ask your psychologist for a health fund quote when you visit our office.
We tailor our assessment services to your child’s specific needs and the exact cost will be quoted at your initial consultation. But as a rough guide, a full learning assessment will be approximately $2,000 – $2,200 in total (depending on the tests administered) – spread over several weeks and appointments. Your overall out-of-pocket fee will depend on any private health fund rebates you are entitled to at each of the consultations.
Occasionally there are good reasons for cancellations. However, unlike brief medical appointments, it is nearly impossible to fill a 50+ minute session with short notice. Furthermore, we also dedicate significant time and care to session planning and preparation and there are substantial overhead costs associated with providing you with these services.
For these reasons, we require all clients to agree to the following notice periods and cancellation fees in order to use our service:
- For all appointments longer than 30 minutes we require at least SEVEN (7) DAYS notice of cancellation (except in the case of an illness or family emergency – such as an illness, accident or death in the family).
- If you do not provide seven (7) days notice to cancel an appointment (and the cancellation is not due to an illness or family emergency) a cancellation fee will apply as follows:
- 0-1 business days notice: Full consultation fee
- 1-2 business days notice: 50% of consultation fee
- More than 2 business days and less than 7 days notice: 25% of consultation fee
- If you provide less than FOURTEEN (14) DAYS notice of cancellation of an assessment service you will be charged a cancellation fee equal to the deposit amount.
We hope you find this to be a fair and reasonable policy and we thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.